Headmistress beat children for asking for textbooks
Jaipur: Six minor girl students were
allegedly beaten up by their headmistress when they demanded "adequate" number of text books for preparing for the exams in Kasturba Gandhi residential school in Dausa district.
The girls had demanded adequate number of text books for the preparation of an exam of stitching course but instead
the head mistress Sangeeta Meena allegedly slapped them
When the matter was brought to the attention of
authorities by locals last week, the district administration
put the head mistress and warden Ranjana Jain under APO (awaiting posting orders) status, an official said.
"The girls of class 6 to 8, who are enrolled in a correspondence course of stitching, were demanding text books
for the preparations of examinations scheduled to begin after
a few days," Kamlesh Sharma, district education officer-
elementary, Dausa, said.
"The books were to be delivered by postal department
to the school but it was delayed and the head mistress arranged six books from others schools.
Out of the six books, she distributed five books among
30 girls in the school and allegedly gave one book to the
daughter of the chairman of the management committee at her
Girls studying in the residential school objected to
the decision and demanded the book back from the head mistress
following which the head mistress slapped them on April 2," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla