Heat wave continues to grip up
Lucknow: Large parts of Uttar Pradesh continued to reel under sweltering heat on Saturday with the temperature rising up to five degrees above normal at some places in the state.
According to the MeT office here, an intense heat wave swept through the eastern and western regions of the state, with the mercury soaring to above 45 degrees Celsius.
Allahabad continued to be the hottest place in the state, recording 47.2 degrees Celsius, five degrees above normal, followed by Agra with 46.1 degrees Celsius, three degrees above normal.
Varanasi recorded 45.7 degrees Celsius, five degrees above normal, and Kanpur 45 degrees Celsius, four degrees above normal, MeT officials said, adding that the state capital Lucknow recorded 44.5 degrees Celsius, four degrees above normal.
The weather continued to remain dry in all the divisions of the state. The temperatures were markedly above normal in Varanasi and Allahabad divisions, appreciably above normal in Faizabad, Kanpur, Lucknow, Bareilly, Moradabad, Agra and Meerut divisions and above normal in Gorakhpur and Jhansi divisions.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- No takers for Kingfisher Airlines brand at online auction
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work
- AgustaWestland row: Aam Aadmi Party to gherao Sonia Gandhi, PM Narendra Modi's residence on May 7
- Poll contest in Kerala heading from 'bi-polar' to 'tri-polar': Arun Jaitley
- VVIP chopper scam: No deal inked with AgustaWestland, says Govt