Heat wave continues to grip up
Lucknow: Large parts of Uttar Pradesh continued to reel under sweltering heat on Saturday with the temperature rising up to five degrees above normal at some places in the state.
According to the MeT office here, an intense heat wave swept through the eastern and western regions of the state, with the mercury soaring to above 45 degrees Celsius.
Allahabad continued to be the hottest place in the state, recording 47.2 degrees Celsius, five degrees above normal, followed by Agra with 46.1 degrees Celsius, three degrees above normal.
Varanasi recorded 45.7 degrees Celsius, five degrees above normal, and Kanpur 45 degrees Celsius, four degrees above normal, MeT officials said, adding that the state capital Lucknow recorded 44.5 degrees Celsius, four degrees above normal.
The weather continued to remain dry in all the divisions of the state. The temperatures were markedly above normal in Varanasi and Allahabad divisions, appreciably above normal in Faizabad, Kanpur, Lucknow, Bareilly, Moradabad, Agra and Meerut divisions and above normal in Gorakhpur and Jhansi divisions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Cancer: Early warning signs you shouldn't ignore!