Heat wave continues to grip up
Lucknow: Large parts of Uttar Pradesh continued to reel under sweltering heat on Saturday with the temperature rising up to five degrees above normal at some places in the state.
According to the MeT office here, an intense heat wave swept through the eastern and western regions of the state, with the mercury soaring to above 45 degrees Celsius.
Allahabad continued to be the hottest place in the state, recording 47.2 degrees Celsius, five degrees above normal, followed by Agra with 46.1 degrees Celsius, three degrees above normal.
Varanasi recorded 45.7 degrees Celsius, five degrees above normal, and Kanpur 45 degrees Celsius, four degrees above normal, MeT officials said, adding that the state capital Lucknow recorded 44.5 degrees Celsius, four degrees above normal.
The weather continued to remain dry in all the divisions of the state. The temperatures were markedly above normal in Varanasi and Allahabad divisions, appreciably above normal in Faizabad, Kanpur, Lucknow, Bareilly, Moradabad, Agra and Meerut divisions and above normal in Gorakhpur and Jhansi divisions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed