Heavy fog causes pile-up on Noida expressway, 7 hurt
Noida: At least seven people were injured in a pile-up of around 17 vehicles on the Greater-Noida Expressway Saturday after a dumper truck rammed into a slow-moving truck due to dense fog, officials said.
The accident occurred at about 8.30 am when office-goers were driving under a thick fog cover on the expressway towards Noida.
Seven commuters were injured with three of them sustaining fractures to their legs. The injured have been admitted to hospitals in Greater Noida and some have been discharged after first aid, said Superintendent of Police (Greater Noida) Surendra Verma.
A dumper rammed into a slow-moving truck and in a chain reaction 17 vehicles moving behind the dumper dashed into one another.
"The way has now been cleared for traffic," Verma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender