Heavy fog causes pile-up on Noida expressway, 7 hurt
Noida: At least seven people were injured in a pile-up of around 17 vehicles on the Greater-Noida Expressway Saturday after a dumper truck rammed into a slow-moving truck due to dense fog, officials said.
The accident occurred at about 8.30 am when office-goers were driving under a thick fog cover on the expressway towards Noida.
Seven commuters were injured with three of them sustaining fractures to their legs. The injured have been admitted to hospitals in Greater Noida and some have been discharged after first aid, said Superintendent of Police (Greater Noida) Surendra Verma.
A dumper rammed into a slow-moving truck and in a chain reaction 17 vehicles moving behind the dumper dashed into one another.
"The way has now been cleared for traffic," Verma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?