Heavy rains cool Lucknow
Lucknow: After days of sweltering heat, heavy rains lashed the Uttar Pradesh capital on Wednesday bringing down the temperature.
The rains started early in the morning and continued well past 9 am. The Met office said the rains were caused by a weather disturbance.
It said the eastern parts of the state may see pre-monsoon showers over the next two days. The monsoon is expected to hit the state on June 29, a Met official said.
Uttar Pradesh has been reeling under a heat wave for the past week, with temperatures touching a high of 48 degrees Celsius in many parts including Jhansi and Allahabad.
Temperature in Lucknow hovered around 46 degrees Celsius through most of June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read