Heavy rains cool Lucknow
Lucknow: After days of sweltering heat, heavy rains lashed the Uttar Pradesh capital on Wednesday bringing down the temperature.
The rains started early in the morning and continued well past 9 am. The Met office said the rains were caused by a weather disturbance.
It said the eastern parts of the state may see pre-monsoon showers over the next two days. The monsoon is expected to hit the state on June 29, a Met official said.
Uttar Pradesh has been reeling under a heat wave for the past week, with temperatures touching a high of 48 degrees Celsius in many parts including Jhansi and Allahabad.
Temperature in Lucknow hovered around 46 degrees Celsius through most of June.
- 12 Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorists detained as Delhi Police foils major terror plot, seizes explosives
- Spectacular view of the Bahamas from space – See pic!
- Kerala law student rape and murder: Oommen Chandy to meet family, promises help
- Indian Premier League 2016: Gautam Gambhir fined for kicking chair; Virat Kohli for slow over rate
- Gold rises towards 15-month high on dollar, US rates uncertainty