Heavy rains cool Lucknow
Lucknow: After days of sweltering heat, heavy rains lashed the Uttar Pradesh capital on Wednesday bringing down the temperature.
The rains started early in the morning and continued well past 9 am. The Met office said the rains were caused by a weather disturbance.
It said the eastern parts of the state may see pre-monsoon showers over the next two days. The monsoon is expected to hit the state on June 29, a Met official said.
Uttar Pradesh has been reeling under a heat wave for the past week, with temperatures touching a high of 48 degrees Celsius in many parts including Jhansi and Allahabad.
Temperature in Lucknow hovered around 46 degrees Celsius through most of June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar