Heavy rains cool Lucknow
Lucknow: After days of sweltering heat, heavy rains lashed the Uttar Pradesh capital on Wednesday bringing down the temperature.
The rains started early in the morning and continued well past 9 am. The Met office said the rains were caused by a weather disturbance.
It said the eastern parts of the state may see pre-monsoon showers over the next two days. The monsoon is expected to hit the state on June 29, a Met official said.
Uttar Pradesh has been reeling under a heat wave for the past week, with temperatures touching a high of 48 degrees Celsius in many parts including Jhansi and Allahabad.
Temperature in Lucknow hovered around 46 degrees Celsius through most of June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- French giants, Paris Saint-Germain announce the appointment of Unai Emery as new coach
- India gets top rating for prudent financial market norms
- RBI to remain open to facilitate transactions on July 1
- Rain plays havoc in Mumbai; heavy showers predicted for another week
- Anil Kumble dismisses having conflict of interest in becoming coach