Heavy rains lash Agra
Agra: Early risers in Agra were in for a pleasant surprise as thunderstorms, lightning and heavy rains greeted them Thursday morning.
The rains, which lasted around 30 minutes, flooded low-lying areas and caused traffic disruption. Children going to schools were caught unaware.
Sudhir Gupta, an insurance agent, was also struggling to get back home after his morning walk.
But there were not many who were complaining.
"After almost a week of humid and hot weather, the showers are such a welcome relief. I hope we have a couple of showers to set the mood for the weekend," said Padmini, a housewife.
Sandip Arora, a hotelier of Taj Ganj area, close to the Taj Mahal, said: "Since last few days tourists visiting the Taj Mahal were feeling very uncomfortable with the weather. But I am sure they will now enjoy their stay in Agra."
"The Taj looks dazzling, white washed by the sudden showers," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone