Heavy rains lash Agra
Agra: Early risers in Agra were in for a pleasant surprise as thunderstorms, lightning and heavy rains greeted them Thursday morning.
The rains, which lasted around 30 minutes, flooded low-lying areas and caused traffic disruption. Children going to schools were caught unaware.
Sudhir Gupta, an insurance agent, was also struggling to get back home after his morning walk.
But there were not many who were complaining.
"After almost a week of humid and hot weather, the showers are such a welcome relief. I hope we have a couple of showers to set the mood for the weekend," said Padmini, a housewife.
Sandip Arora, a hotelier of Taj Ganj area, close to the Taj Mahal, said: "Since last few days tourists visiting the Taj Mahal were feeling very uncomfortable with the weather. But I am sure they will now enjoy their stay in Agra."
"The Taj looks dazzling, white washed by the sudden showers," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'