Heavy rains lash Agra
Agra: Heavy rains lashed Agra through the night, submerging roads and forcing several schools to declare a rainy day.
Several schools had to declare a rainy day, as children failed to reach in time.
"Many schools are having their term-end exams, so they had to open but kids and teachers were both late," said Vishal, a father of two school-going kids.
"The roads are under water. The pot-holes are so deep you can easily get swallowed alongwith your vehicles...," said Purushottam, a resident of Belanganj area.
Ravi Singh, a progressive farmer of Barauli Aheer block, told a news agency: "The rains have been well distributed and very beneficial to standing Bajra crop. The village ponds are full and the streams around are also overflowing. Generally a very good monsoon this year."
The crossing near the Municipal Corporation office is under water, so is the St John`s College crossing. The situation is similar at a dozen other areas in the city.
"Traffic early in the morning has been badly hit all along the MG Road," said insurance agent Sudheir Gupta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?