Heavy rains lash Lucknow
Lucknow: Residents of the Uttar Pradesh capital woke up to heavy rains on Saturday that brought down the temperature. The maximum temperature tumbled by three degrees to settle at 23.9 degrees Celsius.
Regional Met Office director JP Gupta told a news agency the city and some parts of eastern and western Uttar Pradesh will receive moderate to heavy rainfall till Sunday.
The minimum temperature on Friday was 5.8 degrees Celsius, which was six notches below normal.
Many places in eastern Uttar Pradesh received thunder showers as well. The neighbouring hill state of Uttarakhand continued to be hit by heavy snowfall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!