Heavy rains lash Lucknow
Lucknow: Residents of the Uttar Pradesh capital woke up to heavy rains on Saturday that brought down the temperature. The maximum temperature tumbled by three degrees to settle at 23.9 degrees Celsius.
Regional Met Office director JP Gupta told a news agency the city and some parts of eastern and western Uttar Pradesh will receive moderate to heavy rainfall till Sunday.
The minimum temperature on Friday was 5.8 degrees Celsius, which was six notches below normal.
Many places in eastern Uttar Pradesh received thunder showers as well. The neighbouring hill state of Uttarakhand continued to be hit by heavy snowfall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today