Heavy rains lash UP, major rivers flowing above danger mark
Lucknow: Heavy rainfall lashed various parts of Uttar Pradesh during the past 24 hours, causing water level in major rivers including Ghaghra, Sharda, Quano, Rapti and Budhi Rapti to rise.
According to Central Water Commission, Quano was flowing 1 m above the danger mark at Chandradeepghat in Gonda and has crossed red mark at Mukhlispur in Sant Kabir Nagar.
Ghaghra was flowing above danger mark at Elgin Bridge in Barabanki and Turtipar (Ballia). It has reached near red mark at Ayodhya.
Sharda was flowing above danger at Paliakalan, whereas Budhi Rapti has crossed red mark at Kakrahi in Siddharth Nagar district.
According to MeT department, monsoon was active across the state and all the divisions received rainfall.
Basti received 19 cm rainfall, while Mukhlispur got 15 cm showers, Uskabazar and Rigauli - 14 each, Ankinghat 12 and Bansi got 11 cm rainfall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?