Heavy showers lash UP, MeT office predicts more
Lucknow: Normal life was thrown out of gear as heavy showers lashed large parts of the state, bringing a little of the chill back even as the forecast for the coming two days warned of more rainfall.
The MeT office said light to moderate rainfall and thundershowers occurred at most places in the state with Karvi in Chitrakoot and Najibabad in Bijnore district recording 5 cm rainfall each.
Banda and Jhansi received 4 cm and 3 cm rainfall respectively, while Varanasi, Allahabad, Kanpur, Moradabad, Orai and Meerut all recorded 2 cm rainfall each.
Ballia, Hamirpur and Aligarh got 1 cm rainfall each, while Gorakhpur received 1.3 cm rains.
Meanwhile, night temperatures fell appreciably in Gorakhpur division but stayed above normal in Faizabad, Jhansi, Agra and Meerut divisions.
Temperatures were also above normal in the Allahabad, Kanpur and Bareilly divisions.
The lowest temperature recorded in the state was 6 degree Celsius at Etawah.
MeT officials said rain and thundershowers were expected across the state in the coming 48 hours with squalls and hailstorm likely at isolated places over the state in the next 24 hrs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing