Heavy showers lash UP, MeT office predicts more
Lucknow: Normal life was thrown out of gear as heavy showers lashed large parts of the state, bringing a little of the chill back even as the forecast for the coming two days warned of more rainfall.
The MeT office said light to moderate rainfall and thundershowers occurred at most places in the state with Karvi in Chitrakoot and Najibabad in Bijnore district recording 5 cm rainfall each.
Banda and Jhansi received 4 cm and 3 cm rainfall respectively, while Varanasi, Allahabad, Kanpur, Moradabad, Orai and Meerut all recorded 2 cm rainfall each.
Ballia, Hamirpur and Aligarh got 1 cm rainfall each, while Gorakhpur received 1.3 cm rains.
Meanwhile, night temperatures fell appreciably in Gorakhpur division but stayed above normal in Faizabad, Jhansi, Agra and Meerut divisions.
Temperatures were also above normal in the Allahabad, Kanpur and Bareilly divisions.
The lowest temperature recorded in the state was 6 degree Celsius at Etawah.
MeT officials said rain and thundershowers were expected across the state in the coming 48 hours with squalls and hailstorm likely at isolated places over the state in the next 24 hrs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant