Her silence made UP govt stubborn: SC on Durga Shakti Nagpal
New Delhi: Her silence has made Uttar Pradesh government "stubborn", was how the Supreme Court described about the state administration`s response to suspended IAS officer Durga Sakthi Nagpal for cracking the sand mafia in Gautam Budh Nagar, adjacent to national capital.
"Poor fellow, she did not say a word and government become so stubborn that it could not listen," a bench of justices G S Singhvi and K S Radhakrishnan said while it was hearing the 2G spectrum scam case matter.
The issue of sand mining and media coverage of cases cropped up during the hearing when the bench expressed its displeasure over the media reporting of court cases.
"Media altogether creates a different impression," the bench said prior to making its reference about the sand mining.
Senior advocate Harish Salve, who was appearing in the 2G spectrum matter, said "her conduct has been remarkable".
"She has behaved in a most matured manner," he said about the 28-year-old IAS officer who till now has not made any public statement against her suspension by Akhilesh Yadav government.
Earlier, another bench declined to entertain a PIL filed by a lawyer against her suspension questioning his locus but said that it will consider a petition filed by the IAS officer herself.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble