Her silence made UP govt stubborn: SC on Durga Shakti Nagpal
New Delhi: Her silence has made Uttar Pradesh government "stubborn", was how the Supreme Court described about the state administration`s response to suspended IAS officer Durga Sakthi Nagpal for cracking the sand mafia in Gautam Budh Nagar, adjacent to national capital.
"Poor fellow, she did not say a word and government become so stubborn that it could not listen," a bench of justices G S Singhvi and K S Radhakrishnan said while it was hearing the 2G spectrum scam case matter.
The issue of sand mining and media coverage of cases cropped up during the hearing when the bench expressed its displeasure over the media reporting of court cases.
"Media altogether creates a different impression," the bench said prior to making its reference about the sand mining.
Senior advocate Harish Salve, who was appearing in the 2G spectrum matter, said "her conduct has been remarkable".
"She has behaved in a most matured manner," he said about the 28-year-old IAS officer who till now has not made any public statement against her suspension by Akhilesh Yadav government.
Earlier, another bench declined to entertain a PIL filed by a lawyer against her suspension questioning his locus but said that it will consider a petition filed by the IAS officer herself.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das