High alert in UP; security beefed up at Allahabad HC
Lucknow: A high alert has been sounded across Uttar Pradesh, and security beefed up at the Allahabad High Court and other district courts in the state, in the wake of
the blast outside the Delhi High Court on Wednesday, that claimed nine lives and left at least 45 injured.
A high alert has been sounded in the state in view of the blast at the gate of the Delhi High Court. Respective district authorities have been asked to maintain round-the-clock vigil, Special Director General of Police Brij Lal said.
"Security has been beefed up at the Allahabad High Court and the district court, where Quick Response Teams and police personnel have been deployed to tackle any emergency situation," Superintendent of Police, Allahabad City, Subhash
Baghel told reporters.
A close watch is being kept on people visiting the court premises and they were being allowed entry only upon producing passes issued to lawyers and litigants by the court authorities after thorough frisking, the SP said.
The district police chiefs have been asked to step up vigil at the court compounds, railway and bus stations, malls, markets and other crowded areas, Lal said.
They have been asked to increase patrolling and checking and intimate intelligence agencies about the situation, Lal added.
Intensive checking of vehicles was also being done at the Sahibabad-Delhi border, Ghazipur-UP border, Loni-UP border, Ghaziabad SSP Raghubir Lal said.
He also, asked people to not touch any suspicious object and inform police in such case.
An alert was also sounded in leather city of Kanpur. Frisking of people and their belongings was been done at railway stations and bus stands, a police spokesman said.
Police personnel have been deployed at markets, malls and crowded places, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city