High murders in district, two bodies located after 12 days in UP
Thane: The Thane district rural police have recovered bodies of two brothers from the Kasara Ghats in Sahapur taluka on Sunday, the police said on Monday.
Police inspector Kishore Khairnar of the Bhiwandi taluka police station said today that on November 29, the police received a compliant of a highway dacoity in which trucks laden with maida were on their way into Thane district from UP.
The trucks were waylaid by an armed gang of dacoits who killed the drivers and fled with the trucks.
Finally, the police located the bodies yesterday and sent these to be postmortemed, the police said, adding that the two bodies were of Harisingh Balaram and Nitesh Balaram, who were both brothers.
Two people have been arrested in connection with the dacoity and murder. Further investigations into the case are in progress, a senior police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?