High murders in district, two bodies located after 12 days in UP
Thane: The Thane district rural police have recovered bodies of two brothers from the Kasara Ghats in Sahapur taluka on Sunday, the police said on Monday.
Police inspector Kishore Khairnar of the Bhiwandi taluka police station said today that on November 29, the police received a compliant of a highway dacoity in which trucks laden with maida were on their way into Thane district from UP.
The trucks were waylaid by an armed gang of dacoits who killed the drivers and fled with the trucks.
Finally, the police located the bodies yesterday and sent these to be postmortemed, the police said, adding that the two bodies were of Harisingh Balaram and Nitesh Balaram, who were both brothers.
Two people have been arrested in connection with the dacoity and murder. Further investigations into the case are in progress, a senior police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened