Highway gang rape: Bail plea of accused rejected
Muzaffarnagar: The Allahabad High Court has
rejected the bail plea of suspended BSP MLA Shahnawaz Rana`s
cousin in the gang rape case of two women on Delhi-Mussourie
Justice A P Shah on Monday rejected the bail plea of
Shehzad Rana, saying, "There is no case of bail."
Two Delhi-based women were abducted by seven accused,
including Shehzad and his another cousin, while they were
returning to the national capital from Mussourie in a car
along with their two male friends on June 21.
The women had stopped near a petrol pump on Delhi-
Mussourie highway when the incident took place.
The women were abducted and raped at gun-point by the
accused in a nearby house, police said.
The car bearing a VIP number plate which was allegedly
used to abduct the women was recovered from Shahnawaz`s
After the incident, BSP chief Mayawati had suspended the
Bijnor MLA from the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert