Highway gang rape: Bail plea of accused rejected
Muzaffarnagar: The Allahabad High Court has
rejected the bail plea of suspended BSP MLA Shahnawaz Rana`s
cousin in the gang rape case of two women on Delhi-Mussourie
Justice A P Shah on Monday rejected the bail plea of
Shehzad Rana, saying, "There is no case of bail."
Two Delhi-based women were abducted by seven accused,
including Shehzad and his another cousin, while they were
returning to the national capital from Mussourie in a car
along with their two male friends on June 21.
The women had stopped near a petrol pump on Delhi-
Mussourie highway when the incident took place.
The women were abducted and raped at gun-point by the
accused in a nearby house, police said.
The car bearing a VIP number plate which was allegedly
used to abduct the women was recovered from Shahnawaz`s
After the incident, BSP chief Mayawati had suspended the
Bijnor MLA from the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands