Highway gang rape: Bail plea of accused rejected
Muzaffarnagar: The Allahabad High Court has
rejected the bail plea of suspended BSP MLA Shahnawaz Rana`s
cousin in the gang rape case of two women on Delhi-Mussourie
Justice A P Shah on Monday rejected the bail plea of
Shehzad Rana, saying, "There is no case of bail."
Two Delhi-based women were abducted by seven accused,
including Shehzad and his another cousin, while they were
returning to the national capital from Mussourie in a car
along with their two male friends on June 21.
The women had stopped near a petrol pump on Delhi-
Mussourie highway when the incident took place.
The women were abducted and raped at gun-point by the
accused in a nearby house, police said.
The car bearing a VIP number plate which was allegedly
used to abduct the women was recovered from Shahnawaz`s
After the incident, BSP chief Mayawati had suspended the
Bijnor MLA from the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report