Highway gang rape: Bail plea of accused rejected
Muzaffarnagar: The Allahabad High Court has
rejected the bail plea of suspended BSP MLA Shahnawaz Rana`s
cousin in the gang rape case of two women on Delhi-Mussourie
Justice A P Shah on Monday rejected the bail plea of
Shehzad Rana, saying, "There is no case of bail."
Two Delhi-based women were abducted by seven accused,
including Shehzad and his another cousin, while they were
returning to the national capital from Mussourie in a car
along with their two male friends on June 21.
The women had stopped near a petrol pump on Delhi-
Mussourie highway when the incident took place.
The women were abducted and raped at gun-point by the
accused in a nearby house, police said.
The car bearing a VIP number plate which was allegedly
used to abduct the women was recovered from Shahnawaz`s
After the incident, BSP chief Mayawati had suspended the
Bijnor MLA from the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media