Hike in LPG price: SP activists set ablaze effigy
Kushinagar: Samajwadi Party activists on Saturday set ablaze the effigy of Union Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas RPN Singh over the hike in price of LPG cylinders and its alleged lack of supply in the district.
Led by local leader Sachindra Yadav, SP workers burnt the minister`s effigy at the Hata crossing and also raised slogans against Singh, who represents Kushinagar Lok Sabha constituency, party sources said.
The local people of the district also took part in the protest, SP sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH