Hike in LPG price: SP activists set ablaze effigy
Kushinagar: Samajwadi Party activists on Saturday set ablaze the effigy of Union Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas RPN Singh over the hike in price of LPG cylinders and its alleged lack of supply in the district.
Led by local leader Sachindra Yadav, SP workers burnt the minister`s effigy at the Hata crossing and also raised slogans against Singh, who represents Kushinagar Lok Sabha constituency, party sources said.
The local people of the district also took part in the protest, SP sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued