Hike in LPG price: SP activists set ablaze effigy
Kushinagar: Samajwadi Party activists on Saturday set ablaze the effigy of Union Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas RPN Singh over the hike in price of LPG cylinders and its alleged lack of supply in the district.
Led by local leader Sachindra Yadav, SP workers burnt the minister`s effigy at the Hata crossing and also raised slogans against Singh, who represents Kushinagar Lok Sabha constituency, party sources said.
The local people of the district also took part in the protest, SP sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS