Hike in LPG price: SP activists set ablaze effigy
Kushinagar: Samajwadi Party activists on Saturday set ablaze the effigy of Union Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas RPN Singh over the hike in price of LPG cylinders and its alleged lack of supply in the district.
Led by local leader Sachindra Yadav, SP workers burnt the minister`s effigy at the Hata crossing and also raised slogans against Singh, who represents Kushinagar Lok Sabha constituency, party sources said.
The local people of the district also took part in the protest, SP sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez