Hike in LPG price: SP activists set ablaze effigy
Kushinagar: Samajwadi Party activists on Saturday set ablaze the effigy of Union Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas RPN Singh over the hike in price of LPG cylinders and its alleged lack of supply in the district.
Led by local leader Sachindra Yadav, SP workers burnt the minister`s effigy at the Hata crossing and also raised slogans against Singh, who represents Kushinagar Lok Sabha constituency, party sources said.
The local people of the district also took part in the protest, SP sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing