Hoax bomb call sends police into tizzy in Lucknow
Lucknow: The city police went into a tizzy
on Tuesday after they received an anonymous call about bombs
planted in a prominent city school and an automobile showroom
in posh Hazratganj area here.
"Circle Officer Hazratganj received a call from a
public phone this afternoon that bombs have been planted in
Lamartinere Girls College and an automobile showroom,"
Additional Director General of Police Brij Lal told reporters.
Acting on the information, police force along with a
bomb disposal squad reached both the places and carried out
extensive search, he said.
"No object like bomb was recovered and the information
was found to be false," Lal said, adding that efforts were
being made to trace the caller.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj