Hoax bomb call sends police into tizzy in Lucknow
Lucknow: The city police went into a tizzy
on Tuesday after they received an anonymous call about bombs
planted in a prominent city school and an automobile showroom
in posh Hazratganj area here.
"Circle Officer Hazratganj received a call from a
public phone this afternoon that bombs have been planted in
Lamartinere Girls College and an automobile showroom,"
Additional Director General of Police Brij Lal told reporters.
Acting on the information, police force along with a
bomb disposal squad reached both the places and carried out
extensive search, he said.
"No object like bomb was recovered and the information
was found to be false," Lal said, adding that efforts were
being made to trace the caller.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- Nepal likely to form consensus government within seven days of Oli resigning
- Hemant Soren complains against top police officer
- Salman Khan acquitted in black buck poaching cases: Check out mixed reactions on Twitter
- China says South Korea damaged 'mutual trust'
- Susan Rice urges `candour and openness` on Beijing visit