Hold inquiry against Khushwaha: High Court
Lucknow: The Allahabad High court on Friday
directed Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council to initiate an
inquiry against former cabinet minister and BSP leader Babu
Singh Khushwaha for allegedly holding a public office using a
The high court`s order came on a PIL filed at the
Lucknow bench of the high court in which it was alleged that
Khuswaha`s real name is Ram Charan Khushwaha as per his High
School certificate and graduation degree. But later on he
changed his name from Ram Charan Khushwaha to Babu Singh
The PIL claimed that even in filing nomination for
legislative council he used his name as Babu Singh Khushwaha
and thus held a public office in fictitious name and hence
deceived the public at large.
While hearing the PIL, a division bench of Justices Abdul
Mateen and Virendra Kumar Dixit directed the Principal
Secretary of UP Legislative Council to hold an inquiry into
the matter and submit its report by the next date of hearing.
The court also issued notices to Chief election
commissioner, UP and Electoral registration officer of the
state asking them to file their replies within six weeks.
Khushwaha, considered close to Chief Minister
Mayawati had resigned in April as Family Welfare Minister
after discrepancies were found in implementation of NRHM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt