Hold inquiry against Khushwaha: High Court
Lucknow: The Allahabad High court on Friday
directed Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council to initiate an
inquiry against former cabinet minister and BSP leader Babu
Singh Khushwaha for allegedly holding a public office using a
The high court`s order came on a PIL filed at the
Lucknow bench of the high court in which it was alleged that
Khuswaha`s real name is Ram Charan Khushwaha as per his High
School certificate and graduation degree. But later on he
changed his name from Ram Charan Khushwaha to Babu Singh
The PIL claimed that even in filing nomination for
legislative council he used his name as Babu Singh Khushwaha
and thus held a public office in fictitious name and hence
deceived the public at large.
While hearing the PIL, a division bench of Justices Abdul
Mateen and Virendra Kumar Dixit directed the Principal
Secretary of UP Legislative Council to hold an inquiry into
the matter and submit its report by the next date of hearing.
The court also issued notices to Chief election
commissioner, UP and Electoral registration officer of the
state asking them to file their replies within six weeks.
Khushwaha, considered close to Chief Minister
Mayawati had resigned in April as Family Welfare Minister
after discrepancies were found in implementation of NRHM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional