Honour killing case: Girl shot dead by brother
Kaushambi (UP): In the second honour
killing case in Uttar Pradesh this week, a girl was shot dead
allegedly by her brother after she disappeared from home for
18-year-old Meena went to Allahabad three days back
with a youth and had returned yesterday after which her
brothers Satish and Sanju quizzed her, police said here.
Devi was shot at by her brother Sanju in Manauri
village yesterday after she failed to give a satisfactory
reply about her disappearance for three days, they said.
She was rushed to the district hospital where doctors
declared her brought dead, they said.
A case has been lodged against Sanju, who is
absconding after the incident, they said.
The incident comes close on the heels of a teenage
girl who was strangled to death allegedly by her relatives for
having an affair with a boy who also later committed suicide
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use