Honour killing case: Girl shot dead by brother
Kaushambi (UP): In the second honour
killing case in Uttar Pradesh this week, a girl was shot dead
allegedly by her brother after she disappeared from home for
18-year-old Meena went to Allahabad three days back
with a youth and had returned yesterday after which her
brothers Satish and Sanju quizzed her, police said here.
Devi was shot at by her brother Sanju in Manauri
village yesterday after she failed to give a satisfactory
reply about her disappearance for three days, they said.
She was rushed to the district hospital where doctors
declared her brought dead, they said.
A case has been lodged against Sanju, who is
absconding after the incident, they said.
The incident comes close on the heels of a teenage
girl who was strangled to death allegedly by her relatives for
having an affair with a boy who also later committed suicide
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram