Honour killing case: Girl shot dead by brother
Kaushambi (UP): In the second honour
killing case in Uttar Pradesh this week, a girl was shot dead
allegedly by her brother after she disappeared from home for
18-year-old Meena went to Allahabad three days back
with a youth and had returned yesterday after which her
brothers Satish and Sanju quizzed her, police said here.
Devi was shot at by her brother Sanju in Manauri
village yesterday after she failed to give a satisfactory
reply about her disappearance for three days, they said.
She was rushed to the district hospital where doctors
declared her brought dead, they said.
A case has been lodged against Sanju, who is
absconding after the incident, they said.
The incident comes close on the heels of a teenage
girl who was strangled to death allegedly by her relatives for
having an affair with a boy who also later committed suicide
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Narsingh Yadav doping row: Did brother of international wrestler spike his food in Sonipat?
- 1st Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka vs Australia - As it happened...
- ALARMING: Terrorist captured alive by security forces in Kashmir is a Pakistani from Lahore
- Sensex stages strong comeback, climbs 144 points in early trade
- US reaffirms cooperation with India in fight against terrorism