Honour Killing: Father hacks daughter to death in UP
Kaushambi (UP): In a case of suspected honour killing, a 17-year-old girl was allegedly hacked to death by her father, believing her to be in an affair with a youth, police said here Tuesday.
The girl, a resident of Khoraon village, was having an affair with one Irfan (20) of the same village for the last 18 months, to which her father Jhallar Diwakar was opposed to, police said.
According to police, the girl, late last night, went to meet Irfan and her father came to knew about it.
The father reached the spot and brutally assaulted the girl with a stick and when she felt unconscious he dragged him to a field and hacked her, they said.
Police have arrested the father in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends