Hooch claims six lives in Mirzapur
Mirzapur: Six people died on Friday and 13 others were taken ill after they consumed spurious liquor in Chilha police circle area here, police said.
The deceased were identified as Subhash Yadav, Shiv Narain, Indra Dev, Prem Yadav, Raj Narain and Pakauri Lal hailing from different villages under the Chilha police
station area, Superintendent of Police K Satnarain said.
Those who took ill were admitted to district hospital. The victims consumed the liquor last night and complained of uneasiness this morning, he said. There were several illicit liquor shops operating in the area where liquor brought from Jharkhand was being sold, the officer said, adding an inquiry is on.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!