Hooch toll rises to 25
Bulandshahr: The death toll in the hooch tragedy that hit Ghaziabad and Bulandshahr districts on Thursday climbed to 25 with four more dying due to poisoning caused by
spurious liquor, officials said.
All the four deaths were reported from Bulandshahr where eleven hooch deaths had occurred in Mirpur Khawjpur village yesterday.
"With the death of four more persons in the hospital during treatment, the total death toll in the hooch tragedy has reached 15 (in Bulandshahr)," Chief Medial Officer Jai
Eleven people, including a woman, had died yesterday after consuming spurious liquor in Mirpur Khawjpur village, police said, adding ten deaths were reported at Simbhavali in
While seven people, including the woman, were found dead in the morning, four others, who were rushed to nearby hospital after their condition had deteriorated, died later,
The state government while ordering a high-level inquiry had suspended four employees including two each of police and excise departments, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?