Hooch toll rises to 25
Bulandshahr: The death toll in the hooch tragedy that hit Ghaziabad and Bulandshahr districts on Thursday climbed to 25 with four more dying due to poisoning caused by
spurious liquor, officials said.
All the four deaths were reported from Bulandshahr where eleven hooch deaths had occurred in Mirpur Khawjpur village yesterday.
"With the death of four more persons in the hospital during treatment, the total death toll in the hooch tragedy has reached 15 (in Bulandshahr)," Chief Medial Officer Jai
Eleven people, including a woman, had died yesterday after consuming spurious liquor in Mirpur Khawjpur village, police said, adding ten deaths were reported at Simbhavali in
While seven people, including the woman, were found dead in the morning, four others, who were rushed to nearby hospital after their condition had deteriorated, died later,
The state government while ordering a high-level inquiry had suspended four employees including two each of police and excise departments, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!