Hooch toll rises to 25
Bulandshahr: The death toll in the hooch tragedy that hit Ghaziabad and Bulandshahr districts on Thursday climbed to 25 with four more dying due to poisoning caused by
spurious liquor, officials said.
All the four deaths were reported from Bulandshahr where eleven hooch deaths had occurred in Mirpur Khawjpur village yesterday.
"With the death of four more persons in the hospital during treatment, the total death toll in the hooch tragedy has reached 15 (in Bulandshahr)," Chief Medial Officer Jai
Eleven people, including a woman, had died yesterday after consuming spurious liquor in Mirpur Khawjpur village, police said, adding ten deaths were reported at Simbhavali in
While seven people, including the woman, were found dead in the morning, four others, who were rushed to nearby hospital after their condition had deteriorated, died later,
The state government while ordering a high-level inquiry had suspended four employees including two each of police and excise departments, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah