Hospital claims blast victim brought dead; police deny
Allahabad: Did the explosion in which Uttar
Pradesh minister Nand Gopal Gupta "Nandi" and two others were
injured claim any life?
Confusion prevailed soon after the blast outside the
minister`s residence here with hospital authorities saying one
person was "brought dead" from the site of incident even as
police denied knowledge of the same.
"One Rakesh Malaviya was brought dead from the site of
the blast,"A K Bansal, Director of the Jeevan Jyoti Hospital,
Malaviya`s wife too claimed her husband had gone to the
minister`s house seeking his intervention in some "personal
matter" and had died in the explosion.
However, when contacted, Circle Officer Rajesh Kumar, who
is the Deputy Superintendent of Police in-charge of the area,
said "to the best of my knowledge, all the people injured in
the blast are undergoing treatment and there is no death".
Meanwhile, Bansal said the condition of Nandi, who was
injured in the blast apparently targeting him, is stable but
has been referred to the PGI hospital at Lucknow as "they are
better equipped to handle such cases".
He said the condition of journalist Vijay Pratap Singh
and the minister`s gunner Sanjay continued to be serious.
"Singh has received serious injuries in his chest and
abdomen while Sanjay has grievous wounds in his neck. Both
have been put on a ventilator," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state