House of suspended SI raided in UP, arms recovered
Badaun: A light machine gun, a hand grenade and other illegal arms were Wednesday recovered during a raid at a residence of a suspended sub-inspector of Uttar Pradesh police here, officials said.
The recoveries were made when police teams raided the
house of Sanjay Bhardawj, a suspended sub-inspector, on a tip
off, Superintendent of Police D K Choudhary said.
A light machine gun, a hand grenade, eight country
made pistols of different bores were recovered from the house
in Alapur area, he said.
Bhardwaj`s maternal uncle Munnalal Sharma is in the
fray for block head elections going on today, sources said.
Sharma is contesting elections against BSP MLA Vinod
Kumar Shakya, brother of S K Shakya, they said.
No arrests have been made in this connection, police
said, adding that an FIR has been registered in Alapur police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued