How will hike in rail fare bring good days, asks Sriprakash Jaiswal
Kanpur: Taking a dig at BJP, senior Congress leader Sriprakash Jaiswal today asked the ruling party if increase in railway fares and freight charges will bring good days promised by them.
"Will an increase in railway fare bring down inflation? Will an increase in freight charges, that will in turn increase prices of essential commodities, bring good days?" asked the former Kanpur MP.
Jaiswal was leading a protest organised here by Congress against hike in railway fare and freight charges and unannounced power cuts in the city.
"The railway fare has been increased so much in just one go. Never before has the fare been increased so much. Even the freight charges have been increased. This will directly affect the people as the prices of daily-use commodities will increase," he said.
"Did the people elect BJP to see such `good days`. It is being said that the prices of gas and fuel will also increase. The people should think why did they elect BJP.
"People should accept what the government has given them in the name of good days after all they only elected BJP," he said.
Jaiswal lost the Lok Sabha election from Kanpur to BJP`s Murli Manohar Joshi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan's 'raped woman' controversy: Here's what Nawazuddin Siddiqui has to say about his 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'
- Brexit: Emotions a key factor as the British EU referendum looms
- SCO Summit: India looks forward to fruitful outcome, says PM Narendra Modi
- 'Nautanki, full drama CM': Arvind Kejriwal tweets praising a movie; Twitter explodes with hilarious reactions
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton 'world-class liar' as war of words intensifies