HRC seeks answers from UP govt on rape cases
Lucknow: Taking suo motu cognisance of
rape cases in different districts of Uttar Pradesh, the State
Human Rights Commission has sought a reply from the government
and the police.
SHRC member Justice Vishnu Sahai has issued notice to
the chief secretary, principal secretary, home, director
general of police and SP and SSPs of districts where rape
cases have taken place in the last few days, official sources
said here on Monday.
Observing that these incidents have resulted in
violation of fundamental right to life, the SHRC has sought a
detailed action taken report from the government and the
police, they said.
The Commission has asked them to submit the report by
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'