HRC seeks answers from UP govt on rape cases
Lucknow: Taking suo motu cognisance of
rape cases in different districts of Uttar Pradesh, the State
Human Rights Commission has sought a reply from the government
and the police.
SHRC member Justice Vishnu Sahai has issued notice to
the chief secretary, principal secretary, home, director
general of police and SP and SSPs of districts where rape
cases have taken place in the last few days, official sources
said here on Monday.
Observing that these incidents have resulted in
violation of fundamental right to life, the SHRC has sought a
detailed action taken report from the government and the
police, they said.
The Commission has asked them to submit the report by
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery