Huge cache of turtles seized in UP
Lucknow: A huge cache of turtles stuffed in sacks was recovered from an ambulance in Uttar Pradesh`s Bareilly district late Thursday, police said.
About 450 turtles in six sacks were caught from the vehicle on the Delhi-Bareilly highway.
Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Satyendra Veer Singh told IANS that during checking, the police team developed suspicion on three people travelling in an ambulance.
Bareilly is around 250 km from here.
"When the officers tried to talk to them, two of them fled and only the driver was left. On his interrogation, 450 turtles were recovered from the rear of the ambulance," Singh said.
On recovery, 50 turtles were found to be dead. The turtles were being taken to Delhi, police said.
The driver, Omendra has been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!