Huge cache of turtles seized in UP
Lucknow: A huge cache of turtles stuffed in sacks was recovered from an ambulance in Uttar Pradesh`s Bareilly district late Thursday, police said.
About 450 turtles in six sacks were caught from the vehicle on the Delhi-Bareilly highway.
Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Satyendra Veer Singh told IANS that during checking, the police team developed suspicion on three people travelling in an ambulance.
Bareilly is around 250 km from here.
"When the officers tried to talk to them, two of them fled and only the driver was left. On his interrogation, 450 turtles were recovered from the rear of the ambulance," Singh said.
On recovery, 50 turtles were found to be dead. The turtles were being taken to Delhi, police said.
The driver, Omendra has been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price