Huge cache of turtles seized in UP
Lucknow: A huge cache of turtles stuffed in sacks was recovered from an ambulance in Uttar Pradesh`s Bareilly district late Thursday, police said.
About 450 turtles in six sacks were caught from the vehicle on the Delhi-Bareilly highway.
Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Satyendra Veer Singh told IANS that during checking, the police team developed suspicion on three people travelling in an ambulance.
Bareilly is around 250 km from here.
"When the officers tried to talk to them, two of them fled and only the driver was left. On his interrogation, 450 turtles were recovered from the rear of the ambulance," Singh said.
On recovery, 50 turtles were found to be dead. The turtles were being taken to Delhi, police said.
The driver, Omendra has been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress