Hundreds attend Rahul`s janata darbar in Amethi
Amethi: Around 2,000 people attended a `janata darbar` (people`s court) held by Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi on Friday in his parliamentary constituency of Amethi in Uttar Pradesh, a party spokesperson said.
"He (Gandhi) held the janata darbar in the Munshiganj guest house, where around 1,500-2,000 people approached him with their problems," state Congress spokesperson Akhilesh Pratap Singh told reporters.
"People mainly approached him with civic problems pertaining to bad roads, erratic power supply, inadequate provisions of health facilities in villages," he added.
According to party officials, Gandhi gave a patient hearing to the villagers and assured them that necessary action would be taken to sort out their problems.
Before leaving for New Delhi, Gandhi is expected to make surprise visits to a number of villages to evaluate the progress of the central government-sponsored schemes.
Gandhi reached Amethi on Wednesday on a three-day visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Rio Olympics after-effects: Marathon runner OP Jaisha also tests positive for H1N1; hospitalised
- Hyderabad varsity JAC condemns judicial commission report
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump is taking far-right hate groups `mainstream`
- John Kerry arrives in Geneva for Syria talks with Lavrov
- Three killed in apparent crossbow attack in Canada