Hundreds attend Rahul`s janata darbar in Amethi
Amethi: Around 2,000 people attended a `janata darbar` (people`s court) held by Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi on Friday in his parliamentary constituency of Amethi in Uttar Pradesh, a party spokesperson said.
"He (Gandhi) held the janata darbar in the Munshiganj guest house, where around 1,500-2,000 people approached him with their problems," state Congress spokesperson Akhilesh Pratap Singh told reporters.
"People mainly approached him with civic problems pertaining to bad roads, erratic power supply, inadequate provisions of health facilities in villages," he added.
According to party officials, Gandhi gave a patient hearing to the villagers and assured them that necessary action would be taken to sort out their problems.
Before leaving for New Delhi, Gandhi is expected to make surprise visits to a number of villages to evaluate the progress of the central government-sponsored schemes.
Gandhi reached Amethi on Wednesday on a three-day visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested