Hundreds attend Rahul`s janata darbar in Amethi
Amethi: Around 2,000 people attended a `janata darbar` (people`s court) held by Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi on Friday in his parliamentary constituency of Amethi in Uttar Pradesh, a party spokesperson said.
"He (Gandhi) held the janata darbar in the Munshiganj guest house, where around 1,500-2,000 people approached him with their problems," state Congress spokesperson Akhilesh Pratap Singh told reporters.
"People mainly approached him with civic problems pertaining to bad roads, erratic power supply, inadequate provisions of health facilities in villages," he added.
According to party officials, Gandhi gave a patient hearing to the villagers and assured them that necessary action would be taken to sort out their problems.
Before leaving for New Delhi, Gandhi is expected to make surprise visits to a number of villages to evaluate the progress of the central government-sponsored schemes.
Gandhi reached Amethi on Wednesday on a three-day visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it