Hundreds attend Rahul`s janata darbar in Amethi
Amethi: Around 2,000 people attended a `janata darbar` (people`s court) held by Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi on Friday in his parliamentary constituency of Amethi in Uttar Pradesh, a party spokesperson said.
"He (Gandhi) held the janata darbar in the Munshiganj guest house, where around 1,500-2,000 people approached him with their problems," state Congress spokesperson Akhilesh Pratap Singh told reporters.
"People mainly approached him with civic problems pertaining to bad roads, erratic power supply, inadequate provisions of health facilities in villages," he added.
According to party officials, Gandhi gave a patient hearing to the villagers and assured them that necessary action would be taken to sort out their problems.
Before leaving for New Delhi, Gandhi is expected to make surprise visits to a number of villages to evaluate the progress of the central government-sponsored schemes.
Gandhi reached Amethi on Wednesday on a three-day visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic