Hunger strike not a solution, says UP minister
Badaun: Uttar Pradesh minister for sports and youth welfare Ramkaran Arya on Sunday said the hunger strike by martyr soldier Hemraj`s mother and wife will not solve the issue and it would be a "petty thing" to do so on the matter.
Arya told reporters here, "Hunger strike is not a solution. We do strike on problems. Being on strike will be a petty thing on this issue."
The condition of Hemraj`s mother Meena Devi and wife Dharamvati, who are on a fast demanding the head of the decapitated jawan, today deteriorated.
According to villagers, they are on fast demanding head of the slain 13 Rajputana Rifles soldier, who was decapitated by Pakistani troops near the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir on January 8.
The absence of top state government official during the funeral of Hemraj was conspicuous enough to invite criticism.
When asked about the state government`s alleged apathy, the minister said that the DM and SP should have reached here.
However, SDM Mathura said a helipad is under construction since UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav is expected to visit the village tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter