Hunger strike not a solution, says UP minister
Badaun: Uttar Pradesh minister for sports and youth welfare Ramkaran Arya on Sunday said the hunger strike by martyr soldier Hemraj`s mother and wife will not solve the issue and it would be a "petty thing" to do so on the matter.
Arya told reporters here, "Hunger strike is not a solution. We do strike on problems. Being on strike will be a petty thing on this issue."
The condition of Hemraj`s mother Meena Devi and wife Dharamvati, who are on a fast demanding the head of the decapitated jawan, today deteriorated.
According to villagers, they are on fast demanding head of the slain 13 Rajputana Rifles soldier, who was decapitated by Pakistani troops near the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir on January 8.
The absence of top state government official during the funeral of Hemraj was conspicuous enough to invite criticism.
When asked about the state government`s alleged apathy, the minister said that the DM and SP should have reached here.
However, SDM Mathura said a helipad is under construction since UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav is expected to visit the village tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Next steps for European Union after Brexit
- Libyan forces clash with militants in Sirte, 14 dead: Official
- Rahul Gandhi reacts to NSG setback: 'How to lose a negotiation by PM Narendra Modi'
- Pope denounces Armenian `genocide` in Yerevan visit
- University of Mumbai T.Y.B.Com Semester Six (75:25) Result 2016 declared on mu.ac.in