Husband beats wife to death in Bijnor
Bijnor: A woman was allegedly beaten to death by her husband after she opposed his drinking habits, police said here Tuesday.
The incident happened last night at Rasidpur Garhi village when Mukhesh hit his wife Pooja repeatedly with a bed post, they said, adding that they frequently used to fight over Mukhesh`s alcoholism.
A case has been registered against Mukhesh, they said adding that Pooja`s body has been sent for postmortem.
The couple got married seven months back, police said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Heatwave grips east, central and peninsular India; many dead in Assam, Arunachal Pradesh due to cyclone, hailstorm
- Anti-Donald Trump protests break out for second day in California
- UN council discusses move to enforce North Korea sanctions
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video