Husband beats wife to death in Bijnor
Bijnor: A woman was allegedly beaten to death by her husband after she opposed his drinking habits, police said here Tuesday.
The incident happened last night at Rasidpur Garhi village when Mukhesh hit his wife Pooja repeatedly with a bed post, they said, adding that they frequently used to fight over Mukhesh`s alcoholism.
A case has been registered against Mukhesh, they said adding that Pooja`s body has been sent for postmortem.
The couple got married seven months back, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened