Husband kills wife for giving birth to girl child
Azamgarh: A woman was allegedly hacked to death by her husband after she gave birth to their seventh daughter in Chandpatti village in Raunapar area here, police said on Sunday.
30-year-old Kureshi Khatoon`s husband Naseer Ahmad allegedly killed her as he was upset after she gave birth to their seventh daughter 15 days ago, they said.
After killing her, the husband fled from the scene, police said, adding search is on to nab him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India