Husband kills wife for giving birth to girl child
Azamgarh: A woman was allegedly hacked to death by her husband after she gave birth to their seventh daughter in Chandpatti village in Raunapar area here, police said on Sunday.
30-year-old Kureshi Khatoon`s husband Naseer Ahmad allegedly killed her as he was upset after she gave birth to their seventh daughter 15 days ago, they said.
After killing her, the husband fled from the scene, police said, adding search is on to nab him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed