Husband physically unable to rape: BSP MLA`s wife
Lucknow: Claiming that BSP MLA Purshottam Naresh Dwiwedi was "physically unable" to commit rape, his wife Asha Thursday demanded DNA and medical test to prove his involvement in the assault on a Dalit teenager in Banda.
"My husband is a patient of sugar and blood pressure for the last 18 years and his left kidney is also not working.
With existing physical condition he cannot rape and being his wife I can say this with certainty," Asha told reporters here.
"I demand that DNA and medical test of my husband should be conducted immediately," she said.
Alleging that a political conspiracy was being hatched against her husband by his political adversaries, Asha also demanded a CB-CID probe into the case.
Claiming that theft charges against the girl were true, Asha said that the accused was arrested in front of 500 people and the stolen mobile was also recovered from her possession.
"After her arrest, when police took statement of the girl in Banda jail, she didn`t said anything about my husband. In fact she levelled allegations against her own father," she alleged.
Asha said that even the girl`s medical examination failed to establish that she was either raped or assaulted.
"Persons, whose names were taken by the girl, have no association with us neither they ever visited our house," she claimed.
She alleged that by implicating an MLA is a false case the opposition parties conspire to defame the government.
"I request Behenji (Mayawati) to order a CB-CID probe against those conspiring against my husband and family and take stern action against them," she said.
"If justice is not done to my family, I will not be able to bear the stigma and will commit suicide," she added.
Dwiwedi`s son Mayank also alleged that the conspiracy was hatched by the political opponents of the MLA.
"I can`t take the names at this juncture, but this conspiracy started immediately after my father was named as the coordinator for Banda Assembly seat," he alleged.
The Dalit girl was allegedly raped on December 10-11 at the residence of 48-year-old Dwivedi, who represents Naraini seat in the Uttar Pradesh Assembly. She escaped from the MLA`s house on December 12 when the MLA allegedly attempted rape for the third time and was arrested same day on theft charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi