Husband physically unable to rape: BSP MLA`s wife
Lucknow: Claiming that BSP MLA Purshottam Naresh Dwiwedi was "physically unable" to commit rape, his wife Asha Thursday demanded DNA and medical test to prove his involvement in the assault on a Dalit teenager in Banda.
"My husband is a patient of sugar and blood pressure for the last 18 years and his left kidney is also not working.
With existing physical condition he cannot rape and being his wife I can say this with certainty," Asha told reporters here.
"I demand that DNA and medical test of my husband should be conducted immediately," she said.
Alleging that a political conspiracy was being hatched against her husband by his political adversaries, Asha also demanded a CB-CID probe into the case.
Claiming that theft charges against the girl were true, Asha said that the accused was arrested in front of 500 people and the stolen mobile was also recovered from her possession.
"After her arrest, when police took statement of the girl in Banda jail, she didn`t said anything about my husband. In fact she levelled allegations against her own father," she alleged.
Asha said that even the girl`s medical examination failed to establish that she was either raped or assaulted.
"Persons, whose names were taken by the girl, have no association with us neither they ever visited our house," she claimed.
She alleged that by implicating an MLA is a false case the opposition parties conspire to defame the government.
"I request Behenji (Mayawati) to order a CB-CID probe against those conspiring against my husband and family and take stern action against them," she said.
"If justice is not done to my family, I will not be able to bear the stigma and will commit suicide," she added.
Dwiwedi`s son Mayank also alleged that the conspiracy was hatched by the political opponents of the MLA.
"I can`t take the names at this juncture, but this conspiracy started immediately after my father was named as the coordinator for Banda Assembly seat," he alleged.
The Dalit girl was allegedly raped on December 10-11 at the residence of 48-year-old Dwivedi, who represents Naraini seat in the Uttar Pradesh Assembly. She escaped from the MLA`s house on December 12 when the MLA allegedly attempted rape for the third time and was arrested same day on theft charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch