Husband, wife sent to jail for murder in Gorakhpur
Gorakhpur: A woman and her husband
who were arrested for allegedly killing a woman have been
sent to jail, police said.
"Shikha, her husband Deepu Yadav and the latter`s
companion Surgreeva were presented in the court of the
Judicial magistrate yesterday following which they were sent
to jail, they said.
Deepu Yadav and his girlfriend Shikha were arrested
for allegedly killing Pooja, a native of Sonebhadra district,
and later projecting her dead body as that of Shikha.
The girl Shikha had gone missing from her residence on
June 17 and the next day, a body was recovered from Saryu
Nahar Colony area with its face badly thrashed.
Shikha`s father Ramprakash had later identified the
body as that of his daughter on the basis of her clothes,
The main accused Deepu had murdered Pooja and made it
look it as the death of Shikha as part of their plan to
project his girl friend as dead, they added.
Deepu and Shikha wanted to marry each other but their
relationship was opposed by their parents following which they
hatched the entire conspiracy on the pretext that after the
death of Shikha, her parents will forget the episode and the
couple would elope somewhere.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared shortly. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi silent on scams like Manmohan Singh: Arvind Kejriwal