I am not hankering for any post: Rajnath
Kushinagar: Former BJP president Rajnath
Singh on Sunday said he was not aspiring for any post and was only
fighting to free Uttar Pradesh from "misgovernance" and
"corruption" of the BSP rule.
In neighbouring Bihar, the rate of development had
reached 11 per cent while it stood at mere six per cent in UP,
he told a meeting at Ramkola here as part of his Jan Swabhiman
Singh said he was not aspiring for any post and was
waging a fight to free UP from "misgovernance and corruption"
of the BSP dispensation.
He said the most backward districts in the state were in
The BJP leader said the "Purvanchal Vikas Nidhi", set up
for the development of eastern districts, was not used
Citing a CAG report, he said there had been a scam of Rs
330 crore which had been spent on other heads in Purvanchal.
Singh said Chief Minister Mayawati was rasing the
issue of trifurcation of the state to divert attention from
"failures" of her government.
He alleged the state and Central governments were
playing politics over the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations