I am not hankering for any post: Rajnath
Kushinagar: Former BJP president Rajnath
Singh on Sunday said he was not aspiring for any post and was only
fighting to free Uttar Pradesh from "misgovernance" and
"corruption" of the BSP rule.
In neighbouring Bihar, the rate of development had
reached 11 per cent while it stood at mere six per cent in UP,
he told a meeting at Ramkola here as part of his Jan Swabhiman
Singh said he was not aspiring for any post and was
waging a fight to free UP from "misgovernance and corruption"
of the BSP dispensation.
He said the most backward districts in the state were in
The BJP leader said the "Purvanchal Vikas Nidhi", set up
for the development of eastern districts, was not used
Citing a CAG report, he said there had been a scam of Rs
330 crore which had been spent on other heads in Purvanchal.
Singh said Chief Minister Mayawati was rasing the
issue of trifurcation of the state to divert attention from
"failures" of her government.
He alleged the state and Central governments were
playing politics over the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani