I am not returning to Samajwadi Party: Amar Singh
Lucknow: Ever since the Uttar Pradesh Police submitted a closure report in a three-year-old fraud and embezzlement case against Rajya Sabha MP, Amar Singh, speculations were rife that he would return to Samajwadi Party.
However, the Indian Express reported that Amar Singh clarified his stand in this regard, saying he has not buried the hatchet with Mulayam Singh. And media reports of him rejoining SP were only "baseless rumours".
Indian Express quoted Amar Singh as saying, “I have not committed any fraud and so no question of any favour."
Amar Singh, once a prominent SP leader, was expelled in February 2010 for "anti-party" activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Know why sex loses its steam in couples
- Smartphone may reveal your sexual preferences