I am not returning to Samajwadi Party: Amar Singh
Lucknow: Ever since the Uttar Pradesh Police submitted a closure report in a three-year-old fraud and embezzlement case against Rajya Sabha MP, Amar Singh, speculations were rife that he would return to Samajwadi Party.
However, the Indian Express reported that Amar Singh clarified his stand in this regard, saying he has not buried the hatchet with Mulayam Singh. And media reports of him rejoining SP were only "baseless rumours".
Indian Express quoted Amar Singh as saying, “I have not committed any fraud and so no question of any favour."
Amar Singh, once a prominent SP leader, was expelled in February 2010 for "anti-party" activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan