I am not returning to Samajwadi Party: Amar Singh
Lucknow: Ever since the Uttar Pradesh Police submitted a closure report in a three-year-old fraud and embezzlement case against Rajya Sabha MP, Amar Singh, speculations were rife that he would return to Samajwadi Party.
However, the Indian Express reported that Amar Singh clarified his stand in this regard, saying he has not buried the hatchet with Mulayam Singh. And media reports of him rejoining SP were only "baseless rumours".
Indian Express quoted Amar Singh as saying, “I have not committed any fraud and so no question of any favour."
Amar Singh, once a prominent SP leader, was expelled in February 2010 for "anti-party" activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH