I am not returning to Samajwadi Party: Amar Singh
Lucknow: Ever since the Uttar Pradesh Police submitted a closure report in a three-year-old fraud and embezzlement case against Rajya Sabha MP, Amar Singh, speculations were rife that he would return to Samajwadi Party.
However, the Indian Express reported that Amar Singh clarified his stand in this regard, saying he has not buried the hatchet with Mulayam Singh. And media reports of him rejoining SP were only "baseless rumours".
Indian Express quoted Amar Singh as saying, “I have not committed any fraud and so no question of any favour."
Amar Singh, once a prominent SP leader, was expelled in February 2010 for "anti-party" activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- After Rio disappointment, Yogeshwar Dutt receives boost with London 2012 medal upgrade
- First look: Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' posters will leave you intrigued – View inside
- Facebook promoted fake news story on Trending Topics
- IIT Bombay alumnus named CEO of US firm ANSYS
- Rupee recovers 7 paise to 67.11 vs USD