I am not returning to Samajwadi Party: Amar Singh
Lucknow: Ever since the Uttar Pradesh Police submitted a closure report in a three-year-old fraud and embezzlement case against Rajya Sabha MP, Amar Singh, speculations were rife that he would return to Samajwadi Party.
However, the Indian Express reported that Amar Singh clarified his stand in this regard, saying he has not buried the hatchet with Mulayam Singh. And media reports of him rejoining SP were only "baseless rumours".
Indian Express quoted Amar Singh as saying, “I have not committed any fraud and so no question of any favour."
Amar Singh, once a prominent SP leader, was expelled in February 2010 for "anti-party" activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital