I can quit for Azam Khan: Shivpal Yadav
Lucknow: After revoking the expulsion of its senior leader Azam Khan, Samajwadi Party Leader of Opposition in the Assembly Shivpal Singh Yadav has offered to quit his post for the expelled leader.
"I can quit my post of leader of opposition in the state Assembly for Azam Khan in the interest of party", Shivpal Singh Yadav said.
"If central leadership directs me to quit the post, which is given on basis of seniority I will immediately do so," Yadav said in reply to a question.
He said that party MLAs Shahid Manzoor and Iqbal Mahmood, who were vocal against incudtion of Azam and were sent notices by the party had submitted their reply saying that they were not opposed to the move.
"The notices were served to the MLAs on basis of newspaper reports," he said, adding that no one was against Azam Khan in the party.
Khan, a known Muslim face of the party was expelled from SP after 2009 Lok Sabha polls, when he opposed Jayaprada`s candidature from Rampur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?