I can quit for Azam Khan: Shivpal Yadav
Lucknow: After revoking the expulsion of its senior leader Azam Khan, Samajwadi Party Leader of Opposition in the Assembly Shivpal Singh Yadav has offered to quit his post for the expelled leader.
"I can quit my post of leader of opposition in the state Assembly for Azam Khan in the interest of party", Shivpal Singh Yadav said.
"If central leadership directs me to quit the post, which is given on basis of seniority I will immediately do so," Yadav said in reply to a question.
He said that party MLAs Shahid Manzoor and Iqbal Mahmood, who were vocal against incudtion of Azam and were sent notices by the party had submitted their reply saying that they were not opposed to the move.
"The notices were served to the MLAs on basis of newspaper reports," he said, adding that no one was against Azam Khan in the party.
Khan, a known Muslim face of the party was expelled from SP after 2009 Lok Sabha polls, when he opposed Jayaprada`s candidature from Rampur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III