I can quit for Azam Khan: Shivpal Yadav
Lucknow: After revoking the expulsion of its senior leader Azam Khan, Samajwadi Party Leader of Opposition in the Assembly Shivpal Singh Yadav has offered to quit his post for the expelled leader.
"I can quit my post of leader of opposition in the state Assembly for Azam Khan in the interest of party", Shivpal Singh Yadav said.
"If central leadership directs me to quit the post, which is given on basis of seniority I will immediately do so," Yadav said in reply to a question.
He said that party MLAs Shahid Manzoor and Iqbal Mahmood, who were vocal against incudtion of Azam and were sent notices by the party had submitted their reply saying that they were not opposed to the move.
"The notices were served to the MLAs on basis of newspaper reports," he said, adding that no one was against Azam Khan in the party.
Khan, a known Muslim face of the party was expelled from SP after 2009 Lok Sabha polls, when he opposed Jayaprada`s candidature from Rampur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested