I-Day: Security stepped up in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Security has been stepped up
across Uttar Pradesh, especially in the sensitive places, in
view of the Independence Day on Monday.
All district police officials and those from railway
police have been asked to remain in view of the Independence
Day functions, Special DG Brij Lal told newspersons here.
Lal said officials have been asked to personally talk to
the owners and shopkeepers of malls where discounts draw huge
crowds on security aspect.
Security setup at sensitive places like Mathura,
Ayodhya, Kashi and Agra has been worked out meticulously, he
said, adding that shops selling ammonium nitrate are being
The officials have also been directed to keep a vigil on
suspected Bangladeshis, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Manohar Parrikar asks Navy Chief to probe Scorpene-class submarines documents leak
- It's Official! LG V20 to be world’s first phone with Android 7.0 Nougat
- Is marriage on the cards for Nargis Fakhri? READ full story
- Sensex regains 28K level, up 118 points in early trade
- Sepp Blatter in last fight against six-year FIFA ban