I-Day: Security stepped up in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Security has been stepped up
across Uttar Pradesh, especially in the sensitive places, in
view of the Independence Day on Monday.
All district police officials and those from railway
police have been asked to remain in view of the Independence
Day functions, Special DG Brij Lal told newspersons here.
Lal said officials have been asked to personally talk to
the owners and shopkeepers of malls where discounts draw huge
crowds on security aspect.
Security setup at sensitive places like Mathura,
Ayodhya, Kashi and Agra has been worked out meticulously, he
said, adding that shops selling ammonium nitrate are being
The officials have also been directed to keep a vigil on
suspected Bangladeshis, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh