I-Day: Security stepped up in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Security has been stepped up
across Uttar Pradesh, especially in the sensitive places, in
view of the Independence Day on Monday.
All district police officials and those from railway
police have been asked to remain in view of the Independence
Day functions, Special DG Brij Lal told newspersons here.
Lal said officials have been asked to personally talk to
the owners and shopkeepers of malls where discounts draw huge
crowds on security aspect.
Security setup at sensitive places like Mathura,
Ayodhya, Kashi and Agra has been worked out meticulously, he
said, adding that shops selling ammonium nitrate are being
The officials have also been directed to keep a vigil on
suspected Bangladeshis, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!