I-Day: Security stepped up in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Security has been stepped up
across Uttar Pradesh, especially in the sensitive places, in
view of the Independence Day on Monday.
All district police officials and those from railway
police have been asked to remain in view of the Independence
Day functions, Special DG Brij Lal told newspersons here.
Lal said officials have been asked to personally talk to
the owners and shopkeepers of malls where discounts draw huge
crowds on security aspect.
Security setup at sensitive places like Mathura,
Ayodhya, Kashi and Agra has been worked out meticulously, he
said, adding that shops selling ammonium nitrate are being
The officials have also been directed to keep a vigil on
suspected Bangladeshis, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj