I-Day: Security stepped up in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Security has been stepped up
across Uttar Pradesh, especially in the sensitive places, in
view of the Independence Day on Monday.
All district police officials and those from railway
police have been asked to remain in view of the Independence
Day functions, Special DG Brij Lal told newspersons here.
Lal said officials have been asked to personally talk to
the owners and shopkeepers of malls where discounts draw huge
crowds on security aspect.
Security setup at sensitive places like Mathura,
Ayodhya, Kashi and Agra has been worked out meticulously, he
said, adding that shops selling ammonium nitrate are being
The officials have also been directed to keep a vigil on
suspected Bangladeshis, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata