I respect party`s call, will work for Rajnath`s win: Tandon
Lucknow: Senior BJP leader and sitting MP from Lucknow Lok Sabha seat, Lalji Tandon on Sunday said he "respects" party`s decision to field Rajnath Singh from the constituency and will work to ensure his victory.
"I respect party`s decision and accept it. I will never go against it and will work for ensuring victory of the party candidate," Tandon said.
He swept the Lucknow seat in 2009 general elections by 40,000 votes over his Congress rival Rita Bahuguna Joshi.
Rajnath Singh was yesterday declared BJP`s candidate from the constituency.
"Its time of change...Roles used to change with time," Tondon, considered close to former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery