I respect party`s call, will work for Rajnath`s win: Tandon
Lucknow: Senior BJP leader and sitting MP from Lucknow Lok Sabha seat, Lalji Tandon on Sunday said he "respects" party`s decision to field Rajnath Singh from the constituency and will work to ensure his victory.
"I respect party`s decision and accept it. I will never go against it and will work for ensuring victory of the party candidate," Tandon said.
He swept the Lucknow seat in 2009 general elections by 40,000 votes over his Congress rival Rita Bahuguna Joshi.
Rajnath Singh was yesterday declared BJP`s candidate from the constituency.
"Its time of change...Roles used to change with time," Tondon, considered close to former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!