I-T dept raids wholesale onion dealers across UP
Lucknow: The income tax (I-T) department on Friday raided wholesale onion dealers across the state in view of sudden spurt in its prices, official sources said here.
"The raids were conducted in Lucknow, Varanasi, Kanpur, Ghaziabad, Bareilly, Meerut and other places of the state at main dealers of onion", a senior IT official told a news agency.
In Lucknow, the raid was conducted and three wholesale dealers in Naveen vegetable market at Sitapur road, where the IT team had to face resistance from local traders, who alleged that they were being unnecessarily harassed in the name of raids.
About the recovery, the official said that they records of stock was being checked by the staff and it would take time to elaborate about it.
The raids came after reports that onion were being sold at exorbitant prices and tax was evaded by the dealers to make profits, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!