I told security forces not to fire at kar sewaks: Kalyan
Ayodhya: Former Uttar Pradesh chief minister
Kalyan Singh today said he was not in favour of demolition of
the Babri Masjid, but admitted protecting kar sewaks by
instructing security forces not to open fire at them.
"I was not in favour of demolishing the Mosque. But, I
protected kar sewaks who were demolishing the Mosque by not
issuing firing orders. I instructed the security forces not to
open fire at kar sewaks on December 6, 1992," he told
His comments came a day after he floated `Jan Kranti
Party,` which, he said, would have `Hinduism and nationalism`
as its ideology.
In a U-turn, he said he had never apologised to the
Muslims for demolition of the Masjid. But, when he was with
the Samajwadi Party after parting ways with the BJP, he had,
in public meetings, tendered apology for his `failure` in
saving the structure.
Singh was here for darshan at the disputed site of Babri
Masjid/Ram Janma Bhumi.
He said he would convince Muslims to abandon their claim
over the site and let the Ram temple be constructed.
Singh said he was hopeful of a peaceful solution to the
issue through talks between leaders of Hindus and Muslims.
"I had initiated some effort in that direction at one
point of time, but before I could make much headway, my
government was out," the former CM said about the dismissal of
of his government by the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...