I would have handled UP`s law and order better: Mulayam
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Mulayam Singh Yadav said on Tuesday that the law and order in Uttar Pradesh would be brought under control within a fortnight if he had been the chief minister.
He also praised Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for his style of functioning and said he had brought the crime rate down in his state.
This is the second time in less than a year that Mulayam Singh has publicly criticized his son and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
Earlier, at a function a few months ago, he had cited his discussion with Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader L.K. Advani and had said he agreed with his observation that the law and order situation in the state was very bad.
The former defence minister also said that in comparison to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, he found Nitish Kumar a better chief minister.
Addressing the press on the sidelines of a book launch, Mulayam Singh, however, patted the UP chief minister by saying that he was happy that promises made in the party`s manifesto were being fulfilled.
"It is heartening to note that the state government is the only government in the country which is fulfilling promises made in the election manifesto," he said.
He said he always had discussions with Akhilesh Yadav and gave him suggestions whenever need arose.
"I discuss issues with him as the president of the party. Whenever required, I offer my advice too," Mulayam Singh added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends