IAC accuses Cong of vitiating atmosphere during Kejriwal visit
Farrukhabad: Arvind Kerjiwal led India Against Corruption (IAC) on Wednesday alleged that Congress was trying to vitiate atmosphere during the activist`s proposed visit here on November 1.
"Some local Congressmen are trying to vitiate the atmosphere by getting members of the minority community to burn the effigy of Kejriwal during his visit here on November 1 to expose some more corruption cases," IAC member Sanjay Singh told reporters here.
The IAC leader said that after Union Minister Salman Khurshid`s remarks allegedly threatening Kejriwal over his decision to visit Farrukhabad, the BKU has taken the responsibility of Kejriwal`s security and they have no intention of creating any law and order problem.
Khurshid`s remarks had come after Kejriwal had raised questions about a trust run by the Union Minister alleging that the names of beneficiaries of a scheme for handicapped had been forged and planned to hold protest in Khurshid`s constituency.
District Congress unit president Aftab Hussain said that party activists would lodge a protest against Kejriwal in a democratic manner donning caps bearing slogan "Main Salman Hoon` (I am Salman) during his visit.
Meanwhile, local intelligence units are keeping a close watch on the developments in teh district and would soon submit a report to senior authorities, an official said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference