IAC accuses Cong of vitiating atmosphere during Kejriwal visit
Farrukhabad: Arvind Kerjiwal led India Against Corruption (IAC) on Wednesday alleged that Congress was trying to vitiate atmosphere during the activist`s proposed visit here on November 1.
"Some local Congressmen are trying to vitiate the atmosphere by getting members of the minority community to burn the effigy of Kejriwal during his visit here on November 1 to expose some more corruption cases," IAC member Sanjay Singh told reporters here.
The IAC leader said that after Union Minister Salman Khurshid`s remarks allegedly threatening Kejriwal over his decision to visit Farrukhabad, the BKU has taken the responsibility of Kejriwal`s security and they have no intention of creating any law and order problem.
Khurshid`s remarks had come after Kejriwal had raised questions about a trust run by the Union Minister alleging that the names of beneficiaries of a scheme for handicapped had been forged and planned to hold protest in Khurshid`s constituency.
District Congress unit president Aftab Hussain said that party activists would lodge a protest against Kejriwal in a democratic manner donning caps bearing slogan "Main Salman Hoon` (I am Salman) during his visit.
Meanwhile, local intelligence units are keeping a close watch on the developments in teh district and would soon submit a report to senior authorities, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- 7th Pay Commission: 23.5% hike in salaries, minimum pay increased to Rs 18,000 per month; arrears to be paid this year
- These MPs may become ministers if PM Modi goes in for Cabinet reshuffle - List Inside
- SHOCKING VIDEO of Pampore attack surfaces online; terrorists can be heard firing indiscriminately - WATCH
- 7th Pay Commission: LIVE streaming of FM Jaitley Cabinet briefing
- Instead of holidaying in Bangkok, Ravi Shastri should have been physically present for high-profile coach interview: Sourav Ganguly