IAC begins hunt for political talent in Lucknow
Lucknow: In keeping with its Aug 2 announcement at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi to float a political party, India Against Corruption (IAC) has begun an exercise to scout for young talent to further the purpose.
According to IAC sources a two-day `leadership workshop` is being held in the state capital to "identify the young seeds for political, social and economic change".
IAC activists Arvind Kejriwal and Manish Sisodia had Aug 2 announced at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi their willingness to form a political outfit for the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
Extensive preparations have gone into the workshop and the social media other than the "very useful" use of SMS has been done by us and we are very happy at the response so far, informed Vaibhav Maheshwari, an IAC activist.
"We are not looking for a mob like participation and have opened this workshop only for fifty persons," he told a news agency.
"This is a part of IAC`s induction division for youth as it was being deeply felt that youth have the desired energy but need political awareness, knowledge of human rights, the history of India and the functioning the government and the legal system," an IAC office bearer said. Similar workshops will soon be started in all districts of the state.
There is division within IAC regarding the formation of a political party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them