IAF to celebrate 80th anniversary with air show
Nagpur: As part of commemorating the 80th anniversary of the Indian Air Force (IAF), its Headquarters Maintenance Command (HQMC) located at Nagpur has planned an aerial and static display, at Air Force Station Sonegaon on November 25, a release from IAF`s public relations officer said here Tuesday.
The aim of the display is to enhance public awareness of the potential and lethal capability of the IAF and instill a feeling of "pride and security" in the hearts and minds of the viewers, the release said.
IAF to celebrate 80th anniversary with air show on November 25
The event would showcase the Air Warriors Drill Team, the Akash Ganga paratroopers and a performance by the Air Force Band, the release said.
The display will last for one and a half hours, from 8.30 am to 10 am and will encompass a static display of transport aircraft and helicopters such as AN 32, Avro, Advance Light Helicopter and Mi-17, the release said.
The flying display would include a fly past by Avro aircraft, remote-controlled aerobatics by aeromodels flown by local aviation enthusiasts and a grand finale by IAF`s state-of-the-art Russian origin SU-30 MKI air dominance fighter aircraft.
The display will be attended by school children, invited guests, media, NCC cadets, IAF personnel and their families.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- MUST WATCH: What Indian Muslims said when they were asked to say 'Vande Matram', 'Bharat Mata ki Jai'
- Uber partners Gurugram Police in a bid to curb drunken driving
- IITs have been requested to offer Sanskrit as elective subject, confirms HRD Minister Smriti Irani
- Tribute to Shaktiman: Petrol pump in Dehradun to be named after police horse
- Were these the achhe din they had promised for women: Trupti Desai on being denied entry at Haji Ali