IAF to celebrate 80th anniversary with air show
Nagpur: As part of commemorating the 80th anniversary of the Indian Air Force (IAF), its Headquarters Maintenance Command (HQMC) located at Nagpur has planned an aerial and static display, at Air Force Station Sonegaon on November 25, a release from IAF`s public relations officer said here Tuesday.
The aim of the display is to enhance public awareness of the potential and lethal capability of the IAF and instill a feeling of "pride and security" in the hearts and minds of the viewers, the release said.
IAF to celebrate 80th anniversary with air show on November 25
The event would showcase the Air Warriors Drill Team, the Akash Ganga paratroopers and a performance by the Air Force Band, the release said.
The display will last for one and a half hours, from 8.30 am to 10 am and will encompass a static display of transport aircraft and helicopters such as AN 32, Avro, Advance Light Helicopter and Mi-17, the release said.
The flying display would include a fly past by Avro aircraft, remote-controlled aerobatics by aeromodels flown by local aviation enthusiasts and a grand finale by IAF`s state-of-the-art Russian origin SU-30 MKI air dominance fighter aircraft.
The display will be attended by school children, invited guests, media, NCC cadets, IAF personnel and their families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends