IAS, IPS officers` associations hail Durga`s reinstatement
New Delhi: IAS, IPS and IFoS officers associations today welcomed the Uttar Pradesh`s government decision to revoke the suspension of Durga Sakthi Nagpal.
"We welcome the decision to revoke suspension of Durga Sakthi Nagpal. It will help officers to take bold decisions in public interest," said Sanjay R Bhoos Reddy, Secretary of central IAS officers association here.
He said there must be change in service rules by central government to ensure that officers are not harassed by means of frequent transfers and suspensions.
"There is a need to safeguard an officer so that he can act boldly and freely. There should not be any feeling in his mind that he would face action if he acts against downtrodden or in public interest," said Reddy.
Nagpal`s suspension was revoked yesterday by Uttar Pradesh government, nearly two months after she was suspended by the authorities in neighbouring state.
"We welcome the decision. This suspension vindicates the officer`s stand," said Pankaj Kumar Singh, Secretary of IPS officers association.
The IFoS association said it wanted that unjustified suspensions of officers should also be revoked.
"We welcome the decision by Uttar Pradesh government to reinstate Durga Sakthi Nagpal. We want that other suspended officers of Indian Forest Service should also be reinstated immediately," said A R Chadha, Secretary of central IFoS officers` association.
As many as 4,737 IAS officers, 3,637 IPS officers and 2,700 IFoS personnel are working across the country.
Nagpal, a 2010 batch IAS officer, was suspended on July 27 ostensibly for ordering demolition of a wall of an under-construction mosque without following the due process.
The 28-year-old officer, as sub divisional magistrate, had taken action against sand mining mafia active in Gautam Budh Nagar district of Uttar Pradesh.
The representatives of three all India services had recently met Minister of State for Personnel V Narayanasamy in support of their demands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan