Icy winds bring back chill in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: With heavy snowfall in neighbouring Uttarakhand, icy winds brought back the winter chill in Lucknow and other parts of Uttar Pradesh.
The Met Office has forecast that the chill would continue for the coming three days.
"...the chill is going to stay here for some time," Met Director JP Gupta said.
The minimum temperature Sunday dropped by 2.8 degrees to settle at 8.6 degrees Celsius. The maximum temperature Sunday also dropped by 4.7 degrees to settle at 27.2 degrees Celsius.
After a brief spell of warm weather, most schools had revised the opening timings to 8 am, but with the sudden change in weather school going children would face inclement weather in the morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highest paid actress or not? Kangana Ranaut charged Rs 3 cr for 'Rangoon'
- PM Modi to launch BJP govt's two-year anniversary celebrations, releases 'Transforming India' anthem's video
- 7th Pay Commission: Doctors in govt hospitals in Delhi go on strike
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Africa Day event to be held today after India allays 'Afrophobia' fears: Report