Idols worth Rs 1 crore stolen from UP temple
Jaunpur: Two idols of Sita and Lakshman,
worth over Rs one crore, were stolen from a temple in
Muftiganj area here, police said on Sunday.
The theft came to light this morning when a priest opened
the door leading to the sanctum sanctorum of the Ram-Janki
temple here, they said.
The `ashtadhatu` idols, made of eight metals, is worth
over Rs one crore in the international market, they added.
Police has registered a case in this regard and a probe is
on in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends