IGNOU centre at Varanasi jail
Varanasi: Jail inmates will now get
lessons in human rights here.
The Indira Gandhi National Open University has got the
green signal to open a centre at the Central Jail at Shivpur,
IGNOU`s Regional Director Manorama Singh said.
Among the 10 course offered are certificate courses in
human rights, rural development and teaching primary
mathematics, Bachelor`s Preparatory course and B.Com.
The classes will be held on jail premises, she said.
However, the inmates will have to get themselves
registered at IGNOU`s Lucknow centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan