IIIT-Allahabad professor booked for sexually harassing student
Allahabad: A faculty member at IIIT-Allahabad has been booked for allegedly sexually harassing a female student, police said on Thursday.
The complainant, an M.Tech (Bioinformatics) student, had lodged a complaint with the IIIT-A authorities as well as at the Dhoomanjganj police station, accusing her Head of the Department Shiva Prasad of sexually harassing her, Dhoomanganj SHO R S Sonkar said.
An FIR was subsequently lodged under relevant sections of IPC and Sexual Harassment Act on Tuesday following which a police team raided Prasad`s residence, located in the institute premises, yesterday, he added.
The professor was said to be out of station at the time of the raid at his residence which has been sealed while his computer and diary have been seized, he said.
Meanwhile, the institute has also constituted a four- member team, headed by senior faculty member Krishna Mishra, which recorded the statements of the victim yesterday and is likely to seek the teacher`s version as soon as he returns, sources in the IIIT-A said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued