IIT Kanpur students asked to vacate hostels
Kanpur: The 38 students of IIT Kanpur who
were denied admission into fresh semester this year for "bad
academic record" have been asked to vacate their hostels by
The 24 undergraduate and 14 post-graduate students have
been asked to vacate their hostels, IIT Kanpur Director Sanjay
Govind Dhande said.
Dhande told reporters here that said that the 38 students
either failed in their exams or were not allowed to appear in
them due to different reasons.
He, however, said that if the 38 students could explain
the reasons for their "bad performance" to the next meeting of
the institute`s Senate and if its members are satisfied, then
they could be admitted into the semester and allotted hostels.
The Semester finishes in December in IIT and begins in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj