IIT Kanpur students asked to vacate hostels
Kanpur: The 38 students of IIT Kanpur who
were denied admission into fresh semester this year for "bad
academic record" have been asked to vacate their hostels by
The 24 undergraduate and 14 post-graduate students have
been asked to vacate their hostels, IIT Kanpur Director Sanjay
Govind Dhande said.
Dhande told reporters here that said that the 38 students
either failed in their exams or were not allowed to appear in
them due to different reasons.
He, however, said that if the 38 students could explain
the reasons for their "bad performance" to the next meeting of
the institute`s Senate and if its members are satisfied, then
they could be admitted into the semester and allotted hostels.
The Semester finishes in December in IIT and begins in
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev