IIT Kanpur students asked to vacate hostels
Kanpur: The 38 students of IIT Kanpur who
were denied admission into fresh semester this year for "bad
academic record" have been asked to vacate their hostels by
The 24 undergraduate and 14 post-graduate students have
been asked to vacate their hostels, IIT Kanpur Director Sanjay
Govind Dhande said.
Dhande told reporters here that said that the 38 students
either failed in their exams or were not allowed to appear in
them due to different reasons.
He, however, said that if the 38 students could explain
the reasons for their "bad performance" to the next meeting of
the institute`s Senate and if its members are satisfied, then
they could be admitted into the semester and allotted hostels.
The Semester finishes in December in IIT and begins in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it