IIT Kanpur students asked to vacate hostels
Kanpur: The 38 students of IIT Kanpur who
were denied admission into fresh semester this year for "bad
academic record" have been asked to vacate their hostels by
The 24 undergraduate and 14 post-graduate students have
been asked to vacate their hostels, IIT Kanpur Director Sanjay
Govind Dhande said.
Dhande told reporters here that said that the 38 students
either failed in their exams or were not allowed to appear in
them due to different reasons.
He, however, said that if the 38 students could explain
the reasons for their "bad performance" to the next meeting of
the institute`s Senate and if its members are satisfied, then
they could be admitted into the semester and allotted hostels.
The Semester finishes in December in IIT and begins in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what