Illegal arms racket: Two arrested, weapons seized in UP
Lucknow: Two persons, including an arms
dealer, of an inter-state gang were on Sunday arrested by the UP
Special Task Force and a cache of weapons and ammunition
seized from them, police said.
Manbeer Singh Bahara, who owns four arms shops in
Himachal Pradesh, and Ram Pratap Bhadauriya alias Rajan were
arrested from Mohanlalganj area this morning, while one of
their associate managed to flee from the spot, they said.
Four .30 bore factory-made Springfield rifles, around
1,500 cartridges of different bores, one bolt of a rifle, four
mobile phones and 15 ATM cards were seized from their
possession, they said.
Information about supply of arms and ammunition in
huge quantity to anti-social elements in West Bengal were
being received for the last few days.
"Specific information was received that Manbeer, Rajan
along with their aide Vivek Varma alias Kamal were on their
way to West Bengal to deliver a consignment of arms and
ammunition and will pass through Lucknow," they said.
A STF team arrested Manbeer and Rajan when they walked
into a trap, while Vivek managed to flee from the spot.
During interrogation, Rajan revealed that for the last
two year he along with Vivek were supplying arms and
ammunition to Dada and Raghu in West Bengal and had delivered
nearly 30 consignments so far.
He told the sleuths that the cache were procured from
Shan gun house in Gwalior, which is owned by Ashok Agawal and
from Manbeer Singh in Shimla.
Manbeer, too, revealed that he along with Agawal used
to supply arms and ammunition to Vivek and Rajan by forging
Acting on the revelations made by the two accused, the
STF personnel raided Vivek`s house in Auraiyya from where a
.315 bore rifle and cartridges were recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says