Illegal arms racket: Two arrested, weapons seized in UP
Lucknow: Two persons, including an arms
dealer, of an inter-state gang were on Sunday arrested by the UP
Special Task Force and a cache of weapons and ammunition
seized from them, police said.
Manbeer Singh Bahara, who owns four arms shops in
Himachal Pradesh, and Ram Pratap Bhadauriya alias Rajan were
arrested from Mohanlalganj area this morning, while one of
their associate managed to flee from the spot, they said.
Four .30 bore factory-made Springfield rifles, around
1,500 cartridges of different bores, one bolt of a rifle, four
mobile phones and 15 ATM cards were seized from their
possession, they said.
Information about supply of arms and ammunition in
huge quantity to anti-social elements in West Bengal were
being received for the last few days.
"Specific information was received that Manbeer, Rajan
along with their aide Vivek Varma alias Kamal were on their
way to West Bengal to deliver a consignment of arms and
ammunition and will pass through Lucknow," they said.
A STF team arrested Manbeer and Rajan when they walked
into a trap, while Vivek managed to flee from the spot.
During interrogation, Rajan revealed that for the last
two year he along with Vivek were supplying arms and
ammunition to Dada and Raghu in West Bengal and had delivered
nearly 30 consignments so far.
He told the sleuths that the cache were procured from
Shan gun house in Gwalior, which is owned by Ashok Agawal and
from Manbeer Singh in Shimla.
Manbeer, too, revealed that he along with Agawal used
to supply arms and ammunition to Vivek and Rajan by forging
Acting on the revelations made by the two accused, the
STF personnel raided Vivek`s house in Auraiyya from where a
.315 bore rifle and cartridges were recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round
- Rio Olympics 2016: Five Indian athletes who redefined 'woman power'
- Govt wants unions to reconsider their strike plan