Imam Bukhari cancels meet with Mulayam Singh
New Delhi: Differences between the Samajwadi Party and Shahi Imam of Jama Masjid Syed Ahmad Bukhari appeared to have deepened on Wednesday.
Imam Bukhari is reported to have cancelled his scheduled meeting with SP president Mulayam Singh Yadav, who flew to the national capital to meet the Shahi Imam who is upset over allocation of MLC seats to Muslims.
Bukhari today made it clear that he wants at least three Legislative Council seats out of the eight for Muslims.
Imam Bukhari earlier had a war of words with senior SP leader Mohd Azam Khan who challenged him to contest and win the mayoral elections from Moradabad.
Launching a broadside against Bukhari, Azam Khan had said if Imam Bukhari was confident about his standing amongst the Muslims in Uttar Pradesh, he should contest from Moradabad, where his wife hails from.
"If Bukhari wins, I will quit active politics and retire," Azam Khan fumed.
The two Muslim leaders are at war with each other for long and the hostilities escalated last week after the Imam wrote a terse letter to Mulayam Singh and returned the party ticket given to his son-in-law Umar Khan. He had also targeted Azam Khan, following which the latter has also spewed fire at the Imam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo